This past weekend, I made a mint.com budget for yarn. That means that part of my bi-monthly paycheck is stashed away to grow my stash. This budget is not for “shopping”, not for “crafts”, not for “alcohol and bars” (that’s its own category) no--just yarn. At this moment, denial was not longer an option--I realized I had become a full-blown knitta.
So, give me some snaps if you can relate to the following:
- You’ve said “just let me finish this row” like cocaine addict.
- You use anything relatively circular as a stitch holder (hair bands, paper clips, rings).
- You’ve said the phrase “one sec, I’m counting.”
- You nuzzle yarn to test the softness.
- Outrageously priced yarns don’t phase you anymore.
- You’ve tried and failed to turn your needle collection into decor.
- You’ve been called “granny.” Those f*ckers don’t get your hats.
- You’ve experienced the simultaneous joy and sadness when you watch someone open your knitted gift. It’s your baby…but let it go (let it go!!!)
- You’ve thought about how knitting would be your post-apocalyptic life skill. (“Hey Jason, can YOU kit a blankie to keep us from dying? Didn’t think so, now go shoot that bison with your handmade arrow. I’m hungry.”)