Since we’re all becoming really close friends now, I figured I’d be real with all of you - I’ve been feeling pretty anxious lately. One way I have been unwinding at night is by putting on a face mask, knitting my Quarantine Kit, and watching Killing Eve (thanks to Tory and Christina’s recommendation!). We all need some self-love right now and sometimes a good face mask is just the right thing to help. I am not a beauty expert by any means, but I do love testing out products and finding things that work for me. I have struggled with having clear skin my whole life so I have been willing to try just about anything. Below are some of my fav masks that I hope you can enjoy, too!
1. This Origins Charcoal mask is my go-to for rapid breakouts. The active charcoal clears your pores and removes excess oil that leads to blackheads. Origins recommends using it once or twice a week... but I use it way more frequently than you're supposed to. TBH I haven’t seen any problem with it so far.
2. This 4 pack of Goop’s Glycolic Overnight Peel is great for overturning skin cells and helping get rid of sun damage. It definitely has a tingle - so proceed with caution if you have sensitive skin. It’s super easy to use and it works while you sleep. You use one of the little acid peel pads, rub it all over your face and your chest, leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning! If it’s too strong for you you can wash it off after 15 minutes and still get similar results.
3. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but the Blue Tansy Mask by Herbivore is delightful! It’s especially great if you have discoloration in your skin. Whenever I use it the redness in my skin calms down very quickly. It also helps with clearing blackheads so it’s a win-win. You can get it on it’s own OR get in the mini kit for half price just to test it (and it comes with my other fav product - their oil).
4. This foam mask by Kate Somerville is really great for clearing acne, but you can use it even if you don’t suffer from breakouts. It’s a perfect choice for an overall clear complexion, and it feels really good on. It’s a fun one because the texture is different from other masks - it bubbles when you put it on. It’s also a bit of a miracle product and works incredibly fast - seriously it will squash a pimple overnight.
5. My roommate recommended this one because she swears by them! Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Hydrating sheet masks are made with hyaluronic acid which is key to helping dry skin. They’re super gentle so you can leave it on for up to 30 minutes for maximum hydration. Perfect for watching an episode of Schitt’s Creek!
What are your fav masks for helping with anxiety? Let us know in the comments!