I certainly don’t need a holiday to enjoy my favorite cocktails, but it doesn’t hurt to have just another excuse to imbibe. Here are a few holiday inspired choices, but you can’t go wrong with any of my previous favorites like a Negroni, Boulevardier and Last Word.
1. Winter Bourbon Smash: A Bourbon smash is a classic cocktail, but this one has a bit of a twist by using the jam or preserves instead of fresh berries.
- 1 oz of your favorite jam or preserves (blackberry or raspberry is a good choice)
- 2 oz of Bourbon (or Rye)
- 1 oz of Triple Sec
- 2 oz of orange juice
- Splash of sparkling water
- Orange segment (for garnish)
- Add jam, Bourbon, Triple Sec and orange juice to shaker with ice
- Shake it up
- Strain into rocks glass with fresh ice
- Top with splash of sparkling water
- Garnish with orange segment
2. Cinnamon-Rosemary Old Fashioned: Another classic, but with a nod to Winter in the cinnamon rosemary simple.
- 4 Tsp of cinnamon rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 oz of Bourbon
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- Pour cinnamon rosemary simple syrup and bitters into rocks glass and swirl
- Pour in Bourbon and add orange peel and ice
- Stir in glass
- Add Rosemary sprig for garnish
Cinnamon Rosemary Simple Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Put all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Stir until honey is dissolved
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Store any unused syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator
3. The Indian Summer: Something fun to try with the addition of St. Germain for the floral kick.
- 2 oz of Gin
- ¾ oz of St. Germain Liqueur
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 6 Concord grapes
- Add grapes to shaker and muddle until thoroughly crushed
- Add the Gin, St. Germain, lemon juice and ice
- Shake for 15 seconds
- Strain into chilled coupe (or martini) glasses and garnish with remaining grapes
4. Bushwick Spice Trade
Not only is the Bushwick Spice Trade a great drink, but the presentation is beautiful.
- 3 oz of gin
- 2 sugar cubes
- ¾ oz of fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices of fresh ginger (plus one slice for garnish)
- 1 tsp of Pink peppercorns
- 2 basil leaves
- Add sugar cubes, lemon juice, ginger Pink peppercorns and basil to the shaker
- Muddle all the above ingredients in the shaker until thoroughly crushed and sugar is dissolved
- Add Gin and ice and shake it up
- Strain into chilled coupe (or martini glasses) and garnish with ginger slice
5. The ‘Nog (makes 2 drinks)
Finally, what would any list of holiday drinks be without some sort of Egg Nog? I’m not a huge fan of Nogs, but this one should do the trick.Ingredients:
- 1 ½ oz of Bourbon
- 1 ½ oz of Dark Rum
- 2 scoops of Vanilla ice cream
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ground nutmeg (fresh if you can) plus a pinch for garnish
- Add Bourbon, Rum, ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg to shaker
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds
- Strain the mixture into chilled coupes (or martini glasses) and garnish with remaining nutmeg
I hope you enjoy one of the above (or more than one of the above!) Please post any photos and tag #shitthatiknit (extra credit for crafting the cocktail wearing a beanie!) Whatever you do, have a wonderful holiday season and thank you for your STIK support!
It’s really great. Thank you for providing a quality article.
There is something you might be interested in.
Do you know j9korea ? If you have more questions, please come to my site and check it out!
제이나인 마닐라 카지노
제이나인 사설 카지노
제이나인 소셜 카지노
제이나인 카지노 게임 종류
제이나인 카지노 먹튀 검증
Leave a comment