Let me begin my fave skincare roundup by saying that my skin is naturally very, very dry. Now before you tell me that you think I may be dehydrated, please refer to our water bottle blog. I think it would be unhealthy for me to drink any more water. So if you have oily skin, I would say, maybe don’t follow this blog?!
I thought it would be easiest to go through my fave skincare products by doing an “ideal day in the life” and follow along a schedule.
- I wake up and splash my face with water. I've been told by various facialists not to wash off all of the yummy oils I put on the previous night, so I actually don’t wash my face in the morning.
- After the splash, I spray my face with Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator which I love for some extra hydration. (I also love bringing a small bottle of this when I fly to refresh!)
- While my face is still damp, I lather my face with the Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil
- Before I put on any makeup, I cover my face and neck with SUNSCREEN. You heard me - doesn’t matter if it’s the dead of winter or pouring rain, I always wear Suntegrity Tinted sunscreen (I am also not a foundation wearer - so because this is tinted, I count that as my “foundation”).
- Also, no one asked but my everyday makeup consists of the following: Ilia Limitless Lash Mascara, Ilia Essential Brow Gel, and a lil bit of Kosas Blush. If I’m feeling really fancy, I love this Lily Lolo eyeshadow.
- I recently noticed that the generic bar soap I was using was really drying out my skin, so I chatted with my girls at Credo (I may or may not be a regular at the Newbury St. location) and they recommended Basd Invigorating Mint Body Wash. I love it so far and it’s really gentle, plus not expensive!!
- When I hop out of the shower I religiously cover my body in oil. My fave of the moment Osea Undaria Algae Body Oil. It’s sooo delicious and smells amazing (I also think this helped with stretch marks during pregnancy!). Sometimes I’ll even layer on Organic Bath Co Body Butter on top of that, especially on my hands, feet, and elbows.
- Okay I guess NOW I’ll wash my face! I love the Pai Cleanser followed again by the Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator and the Pai Rosehip oil. It’s great year round and I think it works for lots of different skin types. In the summer I’ll stick with that routine but in the winter I add some more! A treat for me is the Goop Night Cream. It is definitely not cheap, but it lasts forever! I add it after my Pai oil.
- Lately (in my old age) I’ve also started incorporating eye cream. I got a sample of Juice Beauty Eye cream as a Credo Rewards present (I told you I’m a regular!) and I think I’m hooked!
- Once every two weeks I also do the Goop Overnight Glow Peel - a friend and I affectionately call these peels, “face rippers.” They are not for the faint of heart and definitely don't feel amazing… but they do wonders as an exfoliant for my rough skin.I do this after washing my face and sit with my face tingling for about 20 minutes. Without washing it off, I’ll then add my oils and creams on top of it!
Okay, that’s it! I by no means have perfect skin. I wish I had worn more sunscreen as a teenager and I’m really crossing my fingers that I look like the CMO someday!!