One of the most important and impactful ways to holiday shop this year is by shopping small and local. While I can’t list out every single boutique in America, I encourage you to head to your own local “Main Street” whether this is online or in-person, and support your local community.
A lot of boutiques are now online, which makes it super easy to support them and find amazing gifts. If you don’t feel comfortable shopping in person or you live in a different state, you can now find so many amazing small businesses online. For this week's edition of gift guides, I put together a list of some awesome boutiques around the country. While you’re on these sites take a look around and see all the amazing gems they have to offer!
- You can never go wrong with giving the gift of a blanket. No matter who the person is, a blanket is always a welcomed item. If you haven’t heard of the Boston Based blanket company Chappywrap, these make a really special gift. They have so many colors, designs, and even have fun map prints with different locations (like the Michigan Lakes or Cape Cod). If you want to touch and feel these cozy blankets for yourself, you can head to For Now in Boston’s Seaport to see what all the hype is about!
- These Oyster Bowls from The Lark in Denver are so beautiful. These would make such a beautiful gift for an ocean lover in your life. If oysters aren’t your thing be sure to check out The Lark in person or online as they have other lovely gifts for the home.
- Another gift you can never go wrong with (or have enough of) are calendars. You can put them in the kitchen, your bedroom, or your office. I love this lemon 2021 one from the boutique Daytrip Society. This boutique is nestled in the picturesque town of Kennebunk, Maine. If you’re in the area they also offer curbside pick up!
- I absolutely love this candle from Gorsuch. The bark holder would really jazz up any mantle or table with the cozy winter vibe. Gorsuch has a couple of boutiques in Colorado so you can visit them in person or be sure to look at their fabulous offerings online.
- I think I know about 10 people that got puppies in the last couple of months. If you know someone who just got a dog, a pet accessory is a really fun gift. Eastbay Leads is a leash company based in Cape Cod, MA. Each leash is handmade with marine-grade materials that can withstand harsh elements (helloo New England winters!).
- If you’ve never felt a STIK product in person and live in the Boston area, you can be sure to head to Flock. They have a wide variety of our products so you can touch and feel how soft our merino wool really is. A really great and easy gift for someone in your life would be the Shaw Neckie. It’s ridiculously warm on those especially cold days. Match it with a STIK beanie and mittens and you are fully set for winter!
- Another really cool Colorado-based store is the boutique, Perch. They have a ton of cool gifting ideas, like this toiletry kit. It comes in three prints, but I think this skier print is very cute!
- Indigo, a boutique is located in Hanover, New Hampshire, is a one-stop-shop for all things cute accessories and clothes! I love this mini Hershel Backpack. I have been really into backpacks lately because they don’t cause the same shoulder soreness as big totes do. This could be a great gift for anyone in your family! They offer curbside picking and can ship anywhere!
- I am really into dainty necklaces lately and this Initial Necklace from Whitney & Winston is something I have my eye on. I love how you can personalize this for the recipient with their initial. It’s a great necklace for everyday wear. Stop by Whitney & Winston in Beacon Hill of Boston or order online!
- This mask from Skaneateles 300 really caught my eye because of its cute pattern and material (cotton def feels softest on your face IMO). Definitely check out this adorable boutique online or in person. I went to college near Skaneateles and if you’ve never been, it’s truly an adorable town in Upstate NY with very cute boutiques!
- This ultra hydrating mask makes a great gift and is perfect for the winter. As we enter these dry and cold months our skin could all use a little extra hydration. Follain is a clean beauty company founded in Boston, Massachusetts. They make their own products, but also carry other amazing 100% clean and organic beauty products.
- Native Nectar Botanicals is based in Crested Butte, Colorado, and creates beauty and healing products. Their Rest Oil sounds like the perfect thing to put on before bed to unwind. This would make a great stocking stuffer.
- Another awesome Northeast boutique, Bella Funk is based out of Littleton, New Hampshire, and sells home goods, accessories, and wellness products. The Kai Body Butter sounds so lovely as they describe it as “A silky soufflé.” I am sold!
- A very underrated, but fun beauty product is a lip scrub. Most lip scrubs are essentially made out of sugar (so they’re safe and tasty!) and it feels amazing on. The Beach Punch Lip Polish from Becket Hitch, (an adorable boutique in Lutherville, Maryland!) would make an amazing gift for just about anyone.
- Lastly, this adorable boutique in downtown Chicago, Bliss & Belle carries everything from clothing, accessories, and home goods. Including some awesome face masks like these charcoal ones. Another great and easy stocking stuffer.